[WCNA2020] WCNA 2020 Notes from last night meeting // WCNA 2020 Notes de la réunion d'hier soir

Stacy Allison-Cassin stacyallison at wikimedia.ca
Tue Feb 25 10:17:38 EST 2020

Hi, all.
Quick update here, from Loren. She has some questions for the Board I
will forward later. We have booked space at UofT for the
Saturday/Sunday. I believe this is "in kind". We are still missing a
big space for plenary sessions. I might see if the ROM can provide.
Stacy

1) iSchool
I have tentatively booked it for October 15 and 16, and will follow up
if we decide to go with that space

Space -
on main floor - TEAL - has room for 65 people in tables, and is a smart lab
5 th floor - 2 classrooms 507/538 - that hold about 58 people each -
needs an UofT account to sign into for use of AV
There is another closed space, 520 - the Ideas Exchange, holds about
24, but can also can be used for lunches, snacks, etc.and space can be
reorganized
There is also a large table on the 5th floor
4th floor - open Inforum space - there are 2 large tables, and a
number of pods, and even though space is open - has projector and
microphone and about 75 stacking chairs
it is possible to serve a takeaway lunch there as well
There is also a basement room - 116 UX Design Lab, holds about 40
people around 12 tables