[WMCA Programs] Request for approval

Jean-Philippe Béland jpbeland at wikimedia.ca
Wed Oct 14 17:15:06 EDT 2020

Good day Programs Committee,

The first event in the Speaker Series at U of A was on September 29. The
activity report for this event was published on the grant request page:
https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants/Requests/2020/Diving_Deeper_into_Wikipedia_speaker_series_at_University_of_Alberta#Approval_%28after_expenses%29

Sarah is asking if we could approve the expenses in increment so the
speakers don't have to wait too long to receive their honorarium. I don't
see any problems with this, especially since we will have to make different
transactions since the payments go to different persons through Interac
anyway. For this, I created a section with the date of today. New sections
will be added to approve each expense separately.

However, each expense will need to be 'approved' after the submission of
each activity report. Since the expenses are pre-approved, we only need the
signature of one Board Member as per the Reimbursement Policy [1].

As such, if the Committee agrees, can one Board Member sign to approve the
expense requested today 14 October:
https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants/Requests/2020/Diving_Deeper_into_Wikipedia_speaker_series_at_University_of_Alberta#14_October_2020

Once it is signed, Benoit will make the Interac transfer by email directly
to the speaker.

Thanks,

JP

[1]  https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reimbursement_Policy#Approval