[WMCA Programs] World War =?UTF-8?Q?II=E2=80=A6=20?=75 Years After

Informations Wikimedia Canada info at wikimedia.ca
Wed Jul 8 12:32:42 EDT 2020

(Ce courriel est en anglais seulement, mais si vous voulez que je le traduise
ou avez des questions en français, n'hésitez pas à me le demander)

Good day Programs Committee,

An international Wikimedia campaign is being organized for the 75 years after
the end of World War II:
[1]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_War_II%E2%80%A6_75_Years_After.

I think it could be a great opportunity to engage some of WMCA's GLAM
partners. I'm sure LAC is already organizing something about WWII. Also, we
had an edit-a-thon in Ottawa a few years ago and there was participation from
the Canadian War Museum.

I don't know how such collaboration could look like: developing guides on how
to use the archival resources from those institutions to write on Wikipedia,
doing actual virtual edit-a-thons, mass upload or archives photographies and
other documents on Wikimedia Commons, etc...

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Jean-Philippe Béland

--
Wikimédia Canada, chapitre national soutenant Wikipédia
535 avenue Viger Est, Montréal (Québec)  H2L 2P3
info at wikimedia.ca
--
Wikimedia Canada, national chapter supporting Wikipedia
535 Viger East Avenue, Montreal, Quebec  H2L 2P3
info at wikimedia.ca

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_War_II%E2%80%A6_75_Years_After
[2] https://ca.wikimedia.org
[3] https://ca.wikimedia.org