[WMCA] Canada Student Service Grant

Sam Wong samwsamw at gmail.com
Jeu 16 Juil 14:23:39 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

The Canadian government is providing grants to student volunteers to
"Support Canada’s response to COVID-19".   See:
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/volunteer/recruiting

Wikimedia Canada is a registered non-profit organization so is eligible to
sponsor volunteers for this program.   Wikimedia Canada has agreed in
principle to support this but has left it up to us volunteers to organize.

We could potentially recruit new or existing volunteers to help with
COVID-19 articles related to Canada.  Or we could organize quality
information relevant to Canadians off-wiki.  Or we could introduce the
whole concept of wiki's to Canada's researchers and frontline workers.

If people are interested, you can contact me directly or on-wiki at the
section in
https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Toronto_WikiClub#Canada_Student_Service_Grant
(suggestions for a better location welcome!)

Thanks everyone for considering!

Sam
samwsamw at gmail.com